Do you Want to Delete Your Google Ads Account (How to do it?)
Google Ads is a neat tool as long as you think it’s useful. It offers fantastic visibility and lets you reach out to target groups.
However, Google Ads is not without its fair share of issues. Firstly, there is no guarantee that your ad will be visible. Secondly, it may not yield results even when the ad shows up.
Also, you have little control over your ad spend. It’s but a myth that the expert mode is better than a smart campaign when managing the budget! Even in the expert mode, Google can exceed your minimum budget more than 30 times over!
You cannot set a cap and have no option but to eat a humble pie and pay up. You will always have to pay for clicks and views, even if there are no sales.
So, do you want to get rid of this elephant in the room? Let’s see how.
Google Ads account tied to your Gmail Id
Anyone on gmail can set up a Google Ads account. You will use the same email id and password to log in.
Of course, gmail is a free service. But, you need to provide your billing details while setting up Google Ads.
So, the process is the same as deleting the gmail account. However, there are a few exceptional scenarios. For example, you can delete your gmail account only but not the ads account.
Similarly, you may remove other Google services, but retain the ad account. It’s more or less flexible so that you can decide on the right strategy.
Speaking of flexibility, you can also adopt the middle path. That is to say, you can cancel your ads and retract them. The account stays as it is, just your ads don’t show. What’s more, now Google will also refund you the pending dues.
You can also have a Google Ads account without Gmail Id
Usually, people think that they need gmail for Google Ads. But, no! You can also reap the benefits of Google Ads without a gmail setup. Users would only need a separate password for the Google Ads setup.
Also, even when you are an existing gmail user, you can still sign up to Google Ads with an alternate email id.
In this case, when you delete the Google Ads account, you still retain the data on your alternate email. Google does not control its competitor email service providers!
Deletion process of the entire Google Ads account
Your account, your rules! Let’s delete it! Follow these steps.
- Firstly, visit the Data & Privacy tab on Google Account.
- Secondly, scroll to the section called “Your data & privacy options.”
- Next, you select the ‘Delete Your Google Account’ key from ‘More Options’
- Follow the instructions and say Goodbye
You can delete Gmail from your Google Ads account
Now, let’s see how you can delete gmail from your Google Ads account. If you take this step, your gmail will be history. You won’t use it to send or receive emails anymore.
No one else would be able to create a gmail account with the same id. It’s gone! Foop! However, you will have to have an alternate email id to access other Google services, including the ads account.
- Download your data before you hit the kill switch
- Next, go to the Data & Privacy page on the Google Account page.
- Scroll over to the ‘Data from apps and services you use.’
- Can you see the section called ‘Download or delete your data?’
- Click on ‘Delete a Google service.’ The page may ask you to sign in.
- Finally, click on the recycle bin icon by the side of ‘gmail.’
- Input the alternate email ID that you want to use to sign in to Google. This email can’t be a gmail id.
- Click on the ‘Send verification mail’ tab.
- Your alternate email receives the verification mail. The deletion process is only complete when you confirm the verification mail.
- Additionally, those using the gmail offline app would need to clear the caches and cookies on the browser.
Remove other Google services from the account
Google Ads is a Google product. Gmail is a Google product. Google Analytics is also a Google product. Users are always at liberty to get rid of any product they want without deleting the entire account.
If it’s the proverbial elephant in the room guzzling up your pasture, you can make it vanish within minutes! The process is straightforward.
- Again, go to the Data & Privacy tab.
- Next, scroll to ‘Data from apps and services you use.’
- Look up the section called ‘Download or delete your data.’
- There, you choose the ‘Delete a Google service’ option. The system will merely ask you to sign in again.
- Most Google products are available as a list here, with a recycle bin icon on the right.
- Click on the Delete icon, and follow the instructions.
- If the product you want to get rid of is unavailable, contact Google support.
You may be using Google services via iOS and Android devices. Visit the helpdesk page if you want to delete your Google account from your device.
What you lose by deleting your Google account
Be wise. Google products have various utilities. Hit the kill button only when you are sure of using it no longer. Nevertheless, always remember to download your data first before killing the account.
That said, here’s a reminder of the things you will lose on deleting the Google account altogether.
- You lose all your data and content in the account, including photos.
- You won’t be able to sign in to Google using that account anymore.
- Moreover, you risk losing all subscriptions on Google Play and YouTube. This loss includes games, music, apps, TV shows, and movies.
- Forget advertising on Google.
Accidentally deleting the Google Ads account
It happens! Probably, you are a risk-taker who wants to click random buttons online and see what happens! Also, if you find your account compromised, deleting it is probably the best option.
However, within a certain window of time, you may be able to recover your data. When you put in your login details, Google will prompt certain questions. Answer these the best you can. Once you create a new account, fortify it with a powerful password.
Google does not prohibit you from deleting your ads account or any other Google product.
However, the responsibility of this decision rests on you. Don’t be impulsive. As long as you have use of the Google products, let it be.
You can also delete selectively, and eliminate the redundant products, including Google Ads.
For any help with your Google ads management, you can contact me anytime you want : )